Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy 30 Week Un-Birthday!

Goodbye 20's! We have crossed into the glorious 30's today and it feels good! I sang the boys their 30 week un-birthday song this morning. Okay, I really didn't sing it to them - that would probably indicate that bed rest has truly driven me batty, but I did think it!

The boys are behaving and doing just what they need to do. My Braxton Hicks have slowed down to every 30-45 minutes, which they said is very normal for this far along in my pregnancy. I have been drinking over a gallon of water a day which seems to be helping to keep them at bay as well. It also means bathroom visits every 10 minutes, but at least I'm hydrated!
Nothing else much new to report. We head back to the Dr. in the morning for our weekly appointment so it will be good to see how everything is looking at this point.

I also want to note that I completely grossed out by my belly button. The other day I realized that I haven't been able to see it for quite a long time now, and so I took out a mirror and looked at it. It is completely flat. Belly buttons have always grossed me out and it makes my stomach churn just to think about it. I wonder if it's going to pop out like a turkey timer. I'll keep you all informed on it's status. Haha.

Our main goal is only 2 weeks away now! Come on 32!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The babies love bed rest don't they Beth!! You are doing a great job of keeping your humor intact and keep from getting too stir crazy. Does Chris come in and do a song and dance routine occasionally?
Keep it up and keep contemplating your belly button!!!
Love you all so much.
Mom

Elizabeth said...

It's not crazy to sing to the babies...sing away. Then, they'll remember the songs later...lullabies, etc. OK, maybe I was odd singing to mine, but if it makes any difference, you aren't looney if you do...have fun this last stretch...

Brittany said...

I was terrified of the possibility that my belly button would pop (and actually prayed that it wouldn't).
Thankfully mine stayed flat, which yes, it still kind of gross.

Davene said...

Yay for week 30...that's a great accomplishment!!!

The belly button thing is so funny...if you stay pregnant much longer, it probably will pop out. Fun stuff, eh? :)

Auntie M said...

As long as we are talking belly buttons, I'll share a little secret. One BIG plus for an outie when pregnant with twins is that it is easy to wash away all the - what was Eldon's word? - nuk,nuk? But the dark blue bulging veins - NASTY!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for the big 3-0!!

Love,
Jack

Dana said...

Now this is a BIG 3-0 worth celebrating...just wait until April. That's another BIG 3-0...just for YOU! So exciting to think about! :)

Miss ya!
Darfie

Mawmaw Hardesty said...

Ya-hoooo! The big 30 has arrived and on the Widget, you are now in the 60's for days ahead. Wow!!!! It is so exciting and such a blessing to know that those little boys are receiving so much TLC from their mommy:) As far as your belly-button goes...well, that is a whole other show:)
Love, Mom H.