Friday, August 1, 2008

Holy Heartburn

I am home again from the trip to the beach. It was nice to see the ocean again and take in a little bit of sunshine before it's back to school and routine.
Things continue to go well here. I passed the 14 week mark this past Wednesday. The past few days I have been experiencing heartburn mostly in the evenings. The funniest thing about it is how much I love it. Now maybe when it starts keeping me up at night I won't be such a fan - but for now it just reminds me of these lives inside me and I can't help but smile when I experience any signs and symptoms of pregnancy.
I just love being pregnant. Earlier today I was trying to imagine just how many times a day I look at my belly in a mirror or how many times I rub it. I love to see it grow and change and to know that the only reason I'm growing is because these little lives inside of me are getting so much bigger!
This week the babies will be approx. 4 inches long and weigh a little less than 2 ounces. Their arms are beginning to lengthen and their bodies are now growing faster than their heads. Their brain is now developed enough for them to have the ability to squint, frown, and grimace. Oh how awesome.
Tomorrow Chris and I are putting on a yard sale to rid the house of stuff in order to make room for more! We have collected quite a stash and anticipate our first yard sale being a success!

Myself, Lynn, Mary and the sunset at Nags Head

Chris putting together crib #1 from James and Renee

What a huge help I was!

It looks so amazing to see this crib set up. This is really going to happen!

My dear friend Kristy and I enjoyed an amazing day at the spa last Saturday. We had facials, pedicures, and even a half hour massage. I could get used to that!

5 comments:

Jolanthe said...

I have a few words of wisdom for you. Ok - more like words of relief:

Tums smooth dissolve.

Yeah, baby!! I LIVED on those. My candy of choice during my pregnancies.

:)

Brittany said...

I second that!!! Go buy them at Costco.....now!

Kristy said...

Here's what I love....I love that you love heartburn...hahahaha..ah Betty, you are so funny! And Yay, for 14 weeks and bigger babies! Time is flying. Baby A & Baby B are going to be here before you know it (i love calling them that:) ).

I feel like maybe that picture of you and the crib was posed...hmmmm? Or were you really helping? I just can't decide. :) I am sure Kringle had things under control with Betty supervising, just as it should be. :)

I am ready for round 2 at the spa! My back is ready for that massage lady again...she was a little piece of heaven, hey?! I wanna see the feet pics........email them to me sometime.

Beth said...

Thanks for the advice ladies! I am heading to Costco a.s.a.p.!!

Davene said...

One of the reasons I so enjoy this blog is because it's obvious that you're thrilled about this pregnancy and enjoying every second of it. That's how I always felt, too. It truly is one of the most special times, I think. (Not that there aren't hard moments and bothersome pains, but you know what I mean...) Thanks for sharing your overflowing joy!

I love the Outer Banks; I'm glad you got to go there!

How fun to see the crib from James and Renee. Did they use it for their kids?

I had my first (actually, my only) pedicure when I was pregnant with my first child. The mother of one of my piano students gave me a gift certificate for it, and wow, I loved it!

It's great that you got a little extra pampering. You deserve it! :)