Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pregnancy Dreams

I heard from somewhere that pregnancy can cause many wild dreams. I wake up nearly every morning with snippets of these crazy scenes running through my head. I needed to share one that I had on Friday night.

In my dream Chris and I went to the doctor. The Dr. told us that the pregnancy was going great. So great in fact that he wanted us to begin to carry our babies around. Not carry them around in my belly, but instead carry them around in these little baby shaped plastic cases. One case was red and one case was blue. The babies fit inside of them perfectly. The doctor then put them inside of a Walmart bag and sent us on our way! People kept wanting to see the babies and I kept saying to Chris "If we keep showing everyone our babies they will never grow enough to come out of their containers!" I also didn't enjoy the idea of carrying my babies around in a plastic bag, so instead I discovered that they fit perfectly into my camera case. I felt more secure with them hanging around my neck in the camera case safely tucked beneath my shirt.
Strange!
Last night I dreamt that my Aunt Melody was my photographer. She dressed me in this really frilly flower dress and made me do all these ridiculous poses as she insisted that it would make for the best pregnancy shots. Chris was there as well, but he was not cooperating for the camera. He was trying to jump in front of all the shots and steal the show.
Alright - that's enough of that. You'll all think I need to be admitted.

Back to reality - tomorrow I go back to the doctor again. This time I am going to a specialist in a larger hospital. This is an appointment my regular doctors always schedule for a multiple pregnancy just in case I would need to deliver there because of them having a N.I.C.U.
It is scheduled for 1:00 tomorrow. Chris is unable to go with me (bummer for both of us) but his awesome parents are going to bring me instead.
Tomorrow has the potential for being a pretty big appointment. It is possible (I have learned not to get my hopes up too high on what I may or may not find out!) that we find out if the twins are monozygotic or dizygotic (identical or fraternal), as well as if they are in the same amniotic sac, and if they have their own separate placentas or are sharing one. A while back the doctor believed that they were both in their own separate sacs, so we are hoping that this is true.
The best scenario for the twins is that the babies would be in separate sacs and also have their own separate placentas. We may also find out the sexes tomorrow, so if you haven't voted yet - cast them now! We will see! Again, your prayers are so greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Thank you for following the blog and keeping up with all that is going on with us. Above all we are just ecstatic and loving this experience. In the meantime I am just growing and growing! My belly has grown two inches in the past week! I am now measuring at 38 inches. I have gained around 13 pounds so far.

6 comments:

Christin said...

I will definitely be praying! especially about those dreams of yours *wink*

I dreamt once that I fed my baby and then put him back in the closet. and I don't even think I was pregnant at the time. craziness. :)

How completely sweet that C's parents are going too. I'm with you...I don't like going to those kinds of things alone.

You are one beautiful preggie lady, B!

Dana said...

Beth, I'm so excited about your appointment tomorrow. Know that I'll be thinking about you and praying for you and the bambinos! Enjoy your precious time with the in-laws, and keep having those crazy dreams. I know I had some strange ones too. They're so fun to share!

At least feel a little sorry for me while I'm at work and you're not!

Kristy said...

Ah, Betty. I did enjoy those dreams. I think you should have a weekly update as to what is going on in your dreams....they were hilar! :) They made me LOL. Almost as good as the Brittany story of singing Jesus loves Me...hahaha.

Aaron and I will definitely being praying during your appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing the outcome! You remember how I was when you had the last appointment...had my secretary put you straight thru to the ole' cellio...hahaha. I am sure we will be talking.:)

PS. My 'yardsale find' is looking great in my LR. Thanks for stealing me away from my cleaning. Just FYI...I still haven't gotten back to cleaning since you came and took me.hahahah. Its pretty messy around these parts. Maybe tomorrow.... :)

Love to ya and those sweet babies.

pyrotechny said...

I loved those dreams! Yours make a lot more sense than mine ever did! LOL! Looking forward to hearing about tomorrow's visit!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Hey Betty...
Just had to stop by to catch up... i just don't know where my time goes...but it's been a LLLLOOOOONNNNGGG time since sitting down to puruse blogs!
SO??? How was the appointment?!
sexes determined, yet? i know you'll keep us posted!
You're looking so darn adorable these days! Keep up the good work..betty crocker (those buns of yours sure did look yummy)
hehehe

heather.edam said...

Oh yeah, those dreams can get freaky! I wonder if you get double the amount of weird dreams since you have double trouble in there! ;)