Thursday, July 3, 2008

The News Is Out!!!

The news is out and it feels so good! We got home last night and I was BUSTING at the seams! Chris and I talked and talked about how we were going to tell my Mom and Dad. We finally decided to do it with a couple of gifts. Here is how our situation went down last night.
We got home around 9 and we hugged and looked around the farm and just enjoyed being together again. We decided to sit down on the back patio and Dad offered us all a glass of wine. I said "Sure, sounds great!" As soon as the wine was poured in front of me I said to Chris "Oh, I should grab those anniversary gifts out of the van for Mom and Dad." I ran to the van and got them. We had two separate bags - one red and one blue. I gave Mom the red bag first and asked her to open it. She started to open it, thinking it was a framed picture of Chris and I - and it turned out to be a book called "Grandparents are Special Because..." She saw the word Grandparents, took a minute, looked at Chris and I and said, "No...are you? Is it?? ARE YOU HAVING A BABY????" I started to cry and just nodded my head yes. Dad and David at this point caught on and we all just jumped to our feet and hugged and cried. Mom did a lot of screaming too. :)
We then sat back down and I asked Dad if he would open his gift. He jokingly said "What is this one? Twins?" I just laughed! He opened it up and inside found two bibs. One bib said "I love Grandpa" and the other said "I love Grandma." They were just admiring the bibs and oohing and ahhing when I said "Do you know why there are two bibs?" They just looked at us and all three of them said "No! No!" We said "Yep! We're having twins!" Haha. Mom seriously just SCREAMED AND SCREAMED!!! I don't think I have EVER seen her so excited. I so wish I could have gotten it all on video, but I didn't want to make it too suspicious with a camera on display.
It has been a fun day today of phone calls, emails, and visits sharing the news around here.
It is time that I shared this news because this tummy is really starting to stick out! If I didn't tell the news people are going to figure it out for themselves anyhow - or just figure that I've let myself go! :)
This is an exciting journey and I feel like I can REALLY enjoy it even that much more now that my family knows. I know Michael and Hayley are so relieved to finally have the opportunity to talk about it! They did so good for the past month since their visit!

P.S. I thought I better also note that I did not drink that wine that was poured for me last night! That was all part of the diversion!