Sunday, July 20, 2008

FOOD!

I have heard that pregnant women can sometimes have cravings for food. I imagined what an exciting part of pregnancy this would be. I pictured myself with this small little urge for a pickle and peanut butter sandwich or a bowl of ice cream covered in ketchup. While I do admit that eating while pregnant has been fun, what I was not prepared for was the viciousness of my cravings. Once I get something in my mind I can't stop obsessing about it. I just imagine how it would taste and how it would be exactly the thing the babies need! As I begin to think about it over and over my stomach begins to twist, turn and knot up. I sometimes have to hold my stomach because it is so out of control. The other morning I woke up at 2 a.m. to use the bathroom. When I laid back in bed I couldn't fall asleep because all I could think about was a tuna sandwich and a hot bowl of Kraft macaroni and cheese. Those two things together sounded so amazing and I nearly hopped out of bed and made them for myself. Instead I tore into a cereal bar (which I now keep beside my bed for moments such as this) and wolfed that down in the pitch dark. Chris just kept on sleeping! It wasn't quite the same, but I was able to fall back to sleep. And just so you know...yesterday for lunch I had mac and cheese and today for dinner I had tuna. They were just as amazing as I had imagined.
I also have a huge problem when anybody mentions food or when I watch t.v. and see commercials. As soon as a certain type of food is mentioned I feel like I just have to eat it RIGHT THEN! Last week my cousin Leif mentioned cheese curls. Ever since then I have not been able to get them out of my mind. I haven't bought any yet because I know they're not super great for the babes, but I'm becoming weaker and may soon cave.


All this typing about food has made me hungry yet again. Time to hit the pantry. Hey - the Dr. said to keep gaining weight. Doctor's orders!


No comments: