
David bought the boys onesies that say "My Uncle Wears Combat Boots", hence the picture!
A couple of weeks ago my baby brother paid us a visit. He had just completed his basic and AIT training - so he was looking all buff and stuff. Not really fair next to Mushy Mama who is still using the excuse "I had twins!" to stay soft and squishy and not do a thing about it. I do intend to though...just waiting for that perfect day......
yeah.
So anyhow - my dearest little David, who I tenderly call "Schmood"(explanation to follow), spent some time with us before he leaves for Iraq in a couple of weeks. He is being deployed and will be in Iraq until next April.
I am deeply proud of him. I am thankful for what he has chosen to do, and I stand behind him and support him 100%. We will miss him while he is away. It is hard to believe that when he returns Ethan and Grayson will be almost a year and a half old!
For all that read this - please keep him in your prayers throughout the upcoming months. Pray for protection, strength, wisdom, comfort...
We love you Uncle David!
The nickname: His name is David. For awhile I called David "Doodie." That just seemed to make sense to me. Then it became "Doodie Schmoodie." Now it has just become "Schmoodie." There are variations of this nickname. Some of them are: Schmood, Schmooder Doo, and Schmoodie Doodie. He loves all of them. He is not so fond, however, when his friends find out about it and start using it. I have no idea how they found out! I would never call him that in front of them! No way! Not me!
Brother Buff and Mama Mush


3 comments:
Great posting Beth!!! Love the pictures!!! David, you look great in those boots and shorts!
The boys are very content in your arms!!
I am proud of all of you.
Thank you for adding this posting to your Blog Beth. David will have many angels around him for the next year or so. Love the pictures
Hee hee...and I'm still {ahem} using the 'I had 4 kids excuse' but since Kaleb is almost 3 now...it's wearing thin. :)
And those onesies are too cute!
Post a Comment