This past weekend all members of my immediate family flew out from Minnesota to be with us. I was so excited just thinking about them coming. My sister-in-law Renee spent her morning Wednesday cleaning the house for us to help prepare for their arrival and it meant so much to me! It felt good to have our house in order before they arrived. Chris planned the menu and did all the grocery shopping - so we were ready to go!
Mom, Dad, and David arrived Thursday afternoon. They seemed to enjoy the view as I appeared in the doorway after they pulled in. They all thought I was pretty large! It was such a great reunion and nice to have them here. We came inside and I laid down. They each took a turn feeling the babies kick. They are quite the entertainment!
We had a very laid back evening with them and Friday Mom and Dad got to work! Dad washed our windows and Mom went through all the clothes we had received as shower gifts and started washing and sorting them into their correct sizes. She and I had so much fun oohing and ahhing over all the cute little boy clothes. She did so much work!
Friday evening Chris and David went to pick up Michael and Hayley from the airport. They got back here around 12. We woke up to see them before we all crashed back into bed. Such a sweet reunion!
Saturday we had a quiet morning around here before attending our baby shower. My mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, cousin, nieces, and dear friend put so much time and effort into the shower. There were the cutest favors and decorations. The theme of the shower was "Two Peas In a Pod." They had two peas in a pod plates, napkins, punch, balloons, cake, mints...the list goes on and on! I was so touched!
Chris brought our recliner from home so I was banished to the chair where I did my best to keep my feet kicked back the entire time. The shower was a blast and I was exhausted afterwords! We came back home and visited with my two cousins who came down for the day, and then I went off and took a nap for the afternoon. That evening we had a great dinner and played some family games before heading off to bed around11:30.
They all had to leave yesterday morning to catch their flights back to MN. It was so strange to say goodbye to them knowing that the next time I see them we will have two little boys with us! There was an excitement in our goodbye though in anticipation of all that is to come!! What a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Just home from your home this morning and now I've put a day of work in already also.. so It is one day closer in us coming back and this time being able to hold our Grandsons not just feel them move in your tummy.
Thanks to you and Chris for all you did for us--well at least chris--he did all the work while you just laid around!! Keep it up!!
Love you DAD
Whoo hoo! Lookin' forward to tha' updates! lots o' them...yeah!
Hang in there, Beth...it's so great to hear that this tough thing you are doing (bed rest) is doing what it should!!
What an awesome time for you and your family Beth. The picture of the Berres clan on the steps is just adorable. It was so wonderful seeing your family again. We love them so. I also think it is terrific that your dad did your windows (WOW!) and I know your mom enjoyed every minute of getting those little baby goodies ready for the twins. Love to you!
Mom H.
I'm so glad to read some updates from you!
I love all the pictures, and it's great to see the joy and fun you're having despite being limited in your activities.
I'm not at all surprised that Renee was there helping you...isn't she great? :)
Take good care of yourself, and thanks again for keeping us updated!
glad to have you back online!!!
So happy you had such a great time with your family - and can i just say that your "two peas in a pod" cake was ADORABLE!!!
Lady, after your showers, let me know if there is still anything you need. I've got TONS of boys stuff!!! (and no more babies coming, so...)
You look so beautiful! :)
Karfie! I'm glad you're back to blogging. I've sure been missing you. I loved getting to see your family this weekend as well. You are blessed!
Post a Comment