Sunday, September 28, 2008

22 Weeks, 4 days and They're Taking Me Over!

I can not believe that we are almost to 23 weeks! Where has the time gone? It is going to be October 1st on Wednesday!
Life is continuing to go well for our household. No more near attacks from Chris so that's always a plus. :)
I can't believe the growth of my belly. Every couple of days I am putting a few more pounds on the scale.
The boys are moving SO much now and I haven't grown tired of it yet! It is a constant reminder that they are there and doing well. I take a few minutes every morning and evening to just lay in bed and feel them for a few minutes before I start and end my day. It is a special time with them.

I have been trying to find time as well to read, talk, and sing to them. They know my voice now and I know it can be comforting to them, so I want them to hear it as much as possible. They probably hear it enough already with me for their mother! :)

We go back to the Dr. on Wednesday morning for a quick check of my weight, their growth, and the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding them.

I am continuing to feel great besides the feeling that I am running out of room! I'm not sure what's going on with my ribs - but I feel like they are being pulled apart. It gets worse throughout the day and by evening it feels so good to lay down and stretch my body out as far as possible. I have also been starting to have some back pain - so it may be time for a belly support band before too long.

I'm telling you - I am just getting sexier and sexier by the day. :)

Yesterday I spent some time looking through old pictures and just noticing the way that my profile used to look. I also just glanced back at my belly shots from weeks 3,7,10...and I can't believe the changes!!

I continue to outgrow many of my clothes. My pregnancy update e-mail (meant for single baby pregnancies) that I get every week told me today that at week 23 I may have begun to show a little, and may possibly have gained 10-12 pounds by now. Umm...give or take about 30 I would say that's just about right. :)

I did some yard sale shopping this weekend and found some little boy clothes. A friend of mine also gave me three big bagfuls of clothes that her son has outgrown or things that have been passed on to her. I so appreciate everyone's generosity and excitement. I don't think our boys will have to go naked!

Here are some pictures showing me now at 22 weeks and 4 days. Don't laugh. :)


7 comments:

Blackwell said...

goodness Beth... you're so beautiful!!
I don't think you'll ever get tired of feeling those little boys kick around.. it's the best feeling! With each of my pregnancies, that is what I missed the most about being pregnant, feeling kicks and punches.. (when they aren't aimed at my bladder)...
And I hear ya.. I only have 1 in here, and I feel like I need to carry around an oxygen tank wherever I go. :) hee hee
I love that you are enjoying this so much!! Savor every moment, it passes by so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Oh my beautiful daughter!!! You are so beautiful!! How blessed you are my precious one. I can't wait to wrap you up in my arms and hold you close!!!
Isn't it awesome to be an active participant in God's miracles?

I love you little one.
mom

Brittany said...

Why would we laugh?!?! You look so great! And I agree with Sarah 100%! That's the thing I miss the most about being pregnant - feeling the baby move. By the way, I'll have even more clothes to pass along to you soon. Don't worry, Baby A and B won't go naked!

Anonymous said...

Beth you are so wonderful...so beautiful...with such a glow about you. Feeling those little precious ones moving around is a gift expectant moms are given to remind them of the wonders of creation. They will always and forever know your sweet voice. Singing to them, reading to them, and talking to them...how precious.
Love,
Mom H.

Anonymous said...

You could not be any more beautiful Beth !! It was so fun to video chat with you last night. Keep eating those strawberry shakes.
Now we can say--see you next week!
Love DAD

Alison Lea Photography said...

That is about how I think I look right now...at almost 34 weeks. :)
But, I only get one baby and you get two. Jealous!!!

Cheryl said...

Ummm.... you've been home a whole day... I expected something new... you slacker!

:)