Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Dangers of the Sleeper Keeper Total Body Comfort Pregnancy Pillow

I bought this pillow a few months ago to help me sleep better at night. I have loved it, but it sure is taking up room in our bed! Poor Chris is losing more and more space with every week.
This morning my alarm went off and I was up and wandering around the house. I ate breakfast, checked the news, and tried to come back into our bedroom to get ready. I tried to push our bedroom door open and Chris was blocking it from the other side. I kept trying to push it open and he kept pushing it closed. I finally laughed and said "What are you doing??" Chris opened the bedroom door with this look of panic on his face and said " I thought you were an intruder!" He had been hearing footsteps around the house, had reached his hand over, felt the pillow and thought it was me! He was sure that someone had broken into our house and he was quickly trying to think about what his plan of attack was going to be! His heart was racing from adrenaline. We had a good laugh over it, but as some friends mentioned today...is it really a good thing that my husband mistook me for a big, squishy, lumpy pillow? :)

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Great story!!! That's a keeper!

Cheryl said...

That is hilarious!!! :) So your husband sleeps through the alarm too, uh?!

Anonymous said...

Some things never change... :) My bro is a crazy one :) I know he is a great protector and I know that he will always care for you and your family like no other. He is a super great person and I am honored he is my bro :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I can see why he would mistake your pillow for a body...now that is what I call a body pillow!!! Chris, thanks for protecting my daughter rather than attacking her!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beth, you should send this in to the "Sleeper Keeper..." folks and tell them their pillow is so natural and realistic that your spouse can't tell the difference between you and the pillow. But seriously, Chris, I know you are going to love and protect Beth and these boys forever. Hope you didn't have too bad a scare.
Love, Mom H.

Dana said...

Hilarious! How long was he waiting by the door for the intruder?! :)

Blackwell said...

Hysterical!!! I laughed hard over this one!!! HAAAA.. Ohh my gosh!! sooo funny!!!

Auntie M said...

What a great story!! What a great pillow!! I sure wish I would have had one of those when I was trying to sleep with twins! I'd guess that it was about this stage when Rodger decided he'd sleep better on the roll-a-way bed in another room!
22 Weeks!! Way to go!!
Love Auntie M

Kristy said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! LOL! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! I can just picture Kringle all panicked! What a guy! :)

pyrotechny said...

What fun! A great story, glad you have it recorded for "posterity"!