Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So Much To Say

I find it so hard to believe that it is 2010 now! Where in the world did the Holidays go? It is always amazing to me how quickly they pass after all the excitement, shopping, planning, decorating, baking....

I just LOVED Christmas this year. I loved decorating our house, putting up our tree, hanging those new little stockings up with ours, seeing those four little eyes take in a lit Christmas tree for the very first time...it was all just so magical.

The boys really didn't care too much about the whole hoopla surrounding Christmas this year. They loved the bows and paper on the gifts, and they loved the gifts once they were opened and batteries were installed!

We just got back from a two week vacation with my family in Minnesota. It was really a wonderful break and we had plenty of time to visit, play games, and play with boys.

The boys were very different this trip from the one we took in August. They both weren't too interested in sitting still on an airplane for three hours on the way up. They wallowed and fidgeted and fussed nearly the entire flight. At one point Grayson yanked the head scarf off of a woman's head who was sound asleep right in front of us. I was mortified! She just yanked it back and didn't say a word! By the time we landed we realized that both boys had wet through their clothes. They were beyond exhausted and did not want us to change their diapers and clothes in the airport. We found a quiet little corner outside of our gate and changed them both as quick as we could. People were coming by looking and just laughing. We heard many comments from people, amused by the sight of these bedraggled parents and two screaming little boys! We should have had a picture!

The way home was a totally different story though. The flight attendant moved me across the aisle from Chris for oxygen reasons, so he had two seats for him and Grayson. Both boys slept nearly an hour of the flight, and the rest of the time they were so content to just sit in our arms, drink from their cups, and read books together. They then slept all the way home in the car! It was a really nice end to the trip!

The boys were so excited to get home again. Grayson was sound asleep when we pulled in the driveway, but Ethan was awake and started kicking his legs and waving his arms as soon as he saw the house! Both boys looked around inside the house, taking it all in, and it wasn't long before they were squirming out of our arms taking off towards all their toys!

I am still catching up on being away. It takes a lot of work to take my little family of four across the country for a Christmas vacation! It was so worth it though and we had a great time. Thanks again Mom and Dad and Mike and Hayley for all you did up there for us!

The boys are taking off on their walking. They really gained a lot of confidence recently and often will take up to seven steps all on their own now. They let go of furniture and start walking towards me whether I'm ready or not! They are so proud of themselves and will always look at everyone around them for applause and adoration once they've completed their feat! Grayson will often even clap for himself and they'll clap for each other!

They are charmers. They are changing every day and they just make us smile. They are roughhousers and totally all boy. They love nothing more than to wrestle around on the carpet, but a second later they'll be cuddling up close to you sucking their thumbs or giving kisses.

They are mimicking everything we do now. They mimic sounds and words as we say them. Grandpa taught Ethan how to drop things and say "uh-oh" - so now all he wants to do is drop things during meal time over and over and over and over and over again. It's a lot of fun. Then when we say "Uh-uh" to him he shakes his head no and says "uh", but smiles the entire time. Stinker! I try so hard to be tough and stern with them, but sometimes I have to turn away for a second and get my serious face back on because of the looks they give me!

I guess that's where I'll stop for today. My hubby is here now and it's time to catch up a bit before heading off to bed.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately! It's been crazy! Thanks to those that asked where my next post was! It's nice to know that I still have readers! Many, many pictures to come!

3 comments:

Davene said...

Welcome home! It's great to read an update.

Plane rides with little ones...ugh. You never know what to expect, but they can be quite the challenge. I'm glad that one way, at least, was peaceful! The head scarf story made me smile. :)

Mawmaw Hardesty said...

Proud of you all and the great effort you make at sharing Ethan and Grayson with the entire family. We love you all and are so glad you are back home safe and sound. Before you know it spring will be here and the boys will be playing in the yard and chasing the little animals on the farm in MN.

John Berres said...

and thank you to you and Chris for making the trip up to see all of us. I know it's alot of work for you all,, but the family here sure loved to see and hold those little charmers. and I'm glad I taught Ethan some bad habits!!
Love to all Grandpa John