Thursday, December 3, 2009

Things that Make You Go Hmmm...

Raising kids is kind of like clipping your toenails.


Okay - no, it's not. Not at all really - but I couldn't find a more clever way to start this blog entry...so, it works for me.


Yowza Wowza - time flies when you're raising wee ones. Days do not drag on in this house like they used to when I was the Quality Control Lid Inspector in Alaska, or when I called random people on the phone conducting surveys during their dinner time. (Always a pleasant conversation. *sarcastic tone*. There was that one time though I was proposed to by a man from Michigan. That was nice. (I turned him down btw.)).


We are trucking along over here in our little home in our little town and doing just dandy. Life has it's moments where I shake my head in complete and total disbelief over the truth that I really am raising twins. Sometimes that still hits me. Especially at those moments when I have four little hands dangling from the dishwasher as I try to close it, or the times when all I want to do is pull one thing out of the fridge and then in a flash there are two little boys pulling ketchup bottles and apples on to the floor and then melting down in to a little slumped pile when I take all their fun away.


Grayson took his first steps last night! Chris and I were sitting in the kitchen and we look over and Grayson is just standing there all by himself. He had let go of the chair beside him and he was just standing there with these huge ole' eyes looking at us like "WHAT IN THE WORLD DO I DO NOW??" He took four awkward little steps and then fell back down to his knees and zoomed off to do something else.


Ethan is completely not interested in the concept of walking. He can pull up and scoot around the furniture just fine - but crawling seems to be working just fine for him at the moment thankyouverymuch. When we try to stand him up on his own the bones seem to disappear out of his legs and they just go completely limp. He thinks it's pretty funny.

No comments: