Today our Ethan and Grayson turn a year old.
Today they officially enter the world of Toddler hood and leave behind the stage of infancy.
Every parent says it. It's so cliche to say, but yet rings so true... "Time flies...."
With every passing month we watched, monitored, and recorded their milestones...
first bath
rolling over
first smile
sitting up
first tooth
pulling up
first steps
...
So much have they changed. People would often say to us when they were born "Just wait a year. You won't believe all that will change between now and then." And they were right.
Now we look at our sons and we see these two little boys with personalities as big as the sky. With blossoming curiosity, playfulness, and intuition. Smart little men who can do so many things and make us such proud and thankful parents every day.
A year ago at this time my little babes were a little over an hour old, fighting for their lives.
Now they are sound asleep in their cribs, home where they belong.
It was so hard for us to imagine a life of normality when they were first born. I would often dream of a year from the point of the NICU...imagining them as big, strong, smiling, giggling boys...but it almost seemed too hard to grasp.
It is so easy to take for granted these boys in our lives now. They have become such a part of our family and a part of us that it truly is hard to remember what I did with my time before them! It's days like this though where I really take the time to stop and think back on the miracle of their lives.
That is what this blog is called: It Can Only Be Called a Miracle.
And a miracle they are and will continue to be.
I pray for continued guidance and wisdom as Chris and I raise these two young men.
Wisdom to be the best mother that I can be for them. To raise them up in the way that they should go. To give them the best possible footing to start out on. To make this home, where their story begins, a place of immense love, forgiveness, gentleness, peace, and laughter. It isn't always that kind of home. I'm not always that kind of mother. I have learned so much every day of this past year and continue to learn new things every.single.day. I don't know it all. Not even close.
But one thing I do know is that I was given a gift. An incredible, priceless, unexplainable gift.
I will take that responsibility seriously.
I love you my sons. I love you Ethan Douglas and Grayson John Hardesty.
God Bless You on this big day.
Happy 1st Birthday.
Love,
Your Mommy


4 comments:
WOW!! Isn't it AMAZING!!! Have a great trip!
Happy Blessed 1st Birthday Ethan Douglas and Grayson John. You truly are loved by so many people and you have not only changed so much the last 12 months but you have changed the hearts and lives of all that love you so deeply! May god Bless you and keep you safe all the days of your life!
Let the heavens rejoice...
Psalms 96:11. Listen to the stars sing! The day you were born God gave us two of His precious children. You are truly children of God. We love, respect, nurture, and embrace you in that way. God watched over you in the NICU...His presence could be felt. He is with you always. We love you and will forever. Love, Pop and Mawmaw
Happy Birthday Boys! I was thinking of them all day on Tuesday! Can't believe it and I KNOW you can't either! So amazing what happens in a year......
:)
Post a Comment