Monday, November 9, 2009

Nine Lives Out the Window


I was born in the prairie of Minnesota

I was abandoned by my mother when I was just a kitten

I've had fleas

I traveled half way across the country in the back of a Chevy Corsica

I have caught bats in my bare paws

Climbed up Christmas trees as tall as houses

Terrified visitors and plumbers for years

I was so tough.
Fearless.
Invincible.

And now...
The world as I knew it is gone. Invaders have taken my peace, my quiet, my security.

I am no longer safe.


I can't lay still for longer than 5 seconds without them coming after me - pulling my tail and grabbing at my face.
I try and walk away. I really do. But they are so persistent. They never tire of this game of chasing me from room to room.

Under tables, over chairs, on chairs...it doesn't matter...there is no escape from those little hands.
Nine lives?
Hmph.
I think one will be all I'll want.
thankyouverymuch.

Kodiak

6 comments:

Kristen said...

So funny! I know my kids would love a cat...unfortunately the dogs would as well. Only their love comes in a slightly different form.

The boys are so super cute. I mean, really.

dad B said...

This is great Beth--and great pictures you captured. Poor poor Kodiak.., it will only get tougher for him

Mawmaw Hardesty said...

Just adorable!!! They love their kitty!!!! Kodiak has maintained her dignity throughout all this tail pulling and stalking that goes on:)

mom said...

Beth, I love this!!! I am wondering if you could make some kind of a commercial out of this particular blog!!!!! Great writing, great pictures!!! Love mom

Dana said...

Too funny! :)

Blackwell said...

hilarious!!