Saturday, March 21, 2009

To My 3 Month Old Sons


All the Hardesty grandchildren with Pop and MawMaw

Sweet Ethan and his drool

My favorite boys (minus their daddy!)


Big boy Grayson


Happy Ethan

A letter to my sons:
Grayson John,
How is it possible that three months has already passed since you came into this world? I look at you and truly every day thank God for how far he has brought you. I think back to those kicks, hiccups, and tumbles in my belly that took place on my right side as I watch you doing the same things now!
You have the most precious smile. It lights me up. Yesterday when I changed your diaper it took an extra few minutes because I just couldn't get enough of you cracking up when I'd make silly faces at you. That little dimple on your right cheek is too cute for words and I could just eat you up!
I love the way that when we feed you sometimes your eyes get hooked on the light in the living room and you become so distracted just staring and staring at it. Last night your Daddy had to turn you all the way around just to get your eyes off of it and get you eating again!
You are becoming so strong. You can hold your head up so good now and can sit up so straight when we have you in our laps.
I love you from the top of your head to your little chubby toes. I am so incredibly thankful for you little one.

Love,
Your Mommy

Ethan Douglas,
Your sweet little whiny cry just makes me smile. It has changed so much from that newborn cry. You are such a big boy now and you make the cutest little faces when you're upset. Your little bottom lip sticks out and you make this high pitched little sound. You love knowing where everyone is and you follow them around the room with your big eyes. You become so still when you make eye contact and seem so intent on soaking up everything about this world. When you smile it just lights up my world. Sometimes you get so excited and you start to giggle and talk. Your whole body seems to yearn to communicate. Your little arms and legs just kick in response.
You are getting so strong when we put you on your tummy. You can flip your head from left to right like it's no big deal - when it used to take all your strength to get it to go. You lift your head up so high and look around and seem so proud of yourself when you do it!
I love you Ethan. I love you and I like you.

Love,
Your Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BETH...I love your letters to your boys!! How tender!!! What a gift they have in you Beth! They are very blessed boys!
love your mom

Mawmaw Hardesty said...

Oh Beth, you are such a wonderful Mommy. Keep telling them these wonderful loving words and they will thrive and grow into wonderful young men with great self-esteem. I love you and Chris and those little ones so very much. You are all a blessing to Dad and me and truly a blessing to eachother.
Love,
Mom H.

Anonymous said...

Those boys are going to love these letters to them some day, but they won't come as a surprise to them since they will grow up with the deep love you and Chris have for them! I think they know already and now they are showing you how much they care for you with their smiles and coos'
WE will be there in about 5 weeks now--
Love your Daddy

Davene said...

These words are such a sweet record of your deep love for your boys!

I especially liked the first picture in the post because I recognize a few of those faces! (Besides the faces of your sons, of course.) :) I bet Jessica was THRILLED to be with the twins. :)