Saturday, February 20, 2010

And So The Story Goes...

There is a lot going on in our lives here right now....and we are full.

Some of it is good amazing (like the news of this little boopshin that is going to enter our little rapidly growing family!

Some of it is also extremely emotional and tough though as we struggle through some health issues that we are dealing with in our extended family.

To top it all off I am in the first trimester, and while I am extremely blessed to not be spending it making some Q.T. with my toilet, I have been pretty tired and napping every day when the boys nap. That has been marvelous and a saver for my sanity, my sassiness, and my two little sweeties! It has not, however, been so marvelous for my blogging life! By the time bed time for the boys rolls around my little rapidly growing body is ready to sprawl out on the couch and do nothing besides stare at the wall or the back of my eyelids.

But oh...how I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm also believing that when that second trimester hits I just know that I am going to become Super Woman and regain all of my power that has been lost. I will want to scrub all my floors with a toothbrush, bring my boys to Walmart alone just before a snowstorm just because I can, cook my husband elaborate 7 course meals for dinner every single night, and yes...I will even want to shower on a regular basis! Oh how glorious it will be!!

I just realized that I have left so much unsaid about this new little pregnancy of ours! I started another blog on the side to keep track of the beginnings of this little life so that I wouldn't forget anything until we were ready to share the news. And so...here are some more details!

I am a little over 11 weeks along.

I am due September 9th (Same day as my dear friend Kristy's sweet little Maddie Moo was born!)

I found out by taking a pregnancy test one quiet Sunday afternoon while my little boys slept and my husband was totally engrossed in a football game. I just had a "feeling." That little line that indicates "PREGNANT" appeared SO fast that I thought maybe it was a mistake! I checked the box, checked the stick, checked the box, checked the stick....and saw it was indeed true! With shaking hands I approached my husband and told him the news. Actually I couldn't even speak. My shaking hands must have given it away, because my husband reacted much in the same way that he did when he found out about our twin pregnancy! He sat there...in his recliner...completely shocked and stunned. I guess it's just that moment where you really realize you "are" when you just have that whoa kind of moment. He wanted to come upstairs and look at the test with me just to believe it with his own eyes. As soon as he saw it our faces both just broke out in smiles and we began our planning, dreaming, and talking right away!

We are SO thrilled and so excited to have another little addition coming in to our family! A family of 5! From 2 to 5 in under 2 years will be pretty good eh? :)

A new blog is in the works. Something that is going to become more of a family blog, instead of a blog just dedicated to my two boys. Not that they are not worth an entire blog all to themselves (because heck - I'd dedicate a cable channel or an entire billboard to them if I could!) - but I am just ready for something new and fresh. Now when I say this blog is in the works...that does not mean that I am declaring an opening date here...because truthfully....and in total reality....it may not actually be ready to run until like um....let's say 2020. But I will let you know! :)

6 comments:

Mawmaw Hardesty said...

Beth, I just love your blog. And it really hit me when you said, "from a family of 2 to a family of 5 in less than 2 years". Wow!!!! How blessed we all are to hear this blessed news of this little angel tucked snuggly away just growing and developing each and every day. A family blog sounds great!!! You have done a wonderful job keeping up with the blog for the boys. So "fresh" is good!!! We love you all very much!

Holly said...

Congrats! How exciting to be adding to your family. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest!

hippie momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hippie momma said...

I just told Peyton you have a baby in your belly and she said: "She is going to have a lot of babies....she is going to have to get another cradle. What is she going to name her new baby?" So, you are going to have to give some answers to the girl when you see her next. :-) Lots of love and take care of YOU!!!!

hippie momma said...

was just thinking....what no belly shots this time????? maybe put ethan and grayson on your hips too. HA!!!

pyrotechny said...

So excited for you! Congratulations!