Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Big News!



Chris and I had been noticing over the past week or so that my temperature was staying up as the month was continuing on. We were both excited at this discovery, but very apprehensive as we have been disappointed these past seven months.


On Thursday evening we just couldn't stand it anymore. Even though I was supposed to wait until Sunday to take my pregnancy test - we just couldn't wait! It was around 11:30 pm on May 22nd when I peed on that lovely little stick and set it next to me on the counter.


I looked for the instructions, but realized that I had thrown them away quite a long time ago and only kept the test. I saw this plus sign begin to appear and I thought to myself " NOW WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??" I wouldn't allow myself to get excited or feel any emotion. I just opened the door and said to Chris "I lost the directions! I don't know what this means." Chris came into the bathroom all calm and cool, looked at the test and said "Let's go look it up on the internet." We came downstairs, fired up the internet and went to the EPT website. We downloaded the PDF file that explains the directions of the test......


and right before us - staring us in the face was that beautiful plus sign - clear as day - with a sign above it that said + - Pregnant. I couldn't believe it! I started to cry and I said to Chris "Do you think...?" He was speechless - totally quiet. He wouldn't even turn around and look at me. Instead he sat there just staring at the computer screen, totally and completely in shock. :) It was priceless. He kept looking at various sites just to be sure. He wanted to make sure that my prometrium wouldn't have given a false reading.


If I would have had more tests I think I would have done 10 more just to make sure!


Chris finally stood up and we just looked at eachother and then we just hugged. We went to bed with these big grins on our faces and began reading some information I had on pregnancy and what happens in the first few weeks after conception. The next morning we both woke up talking about it - wondering if it could possibly be true - still too shocked to believe it.


Here is a picture of us the next morning before I left for work with our test results.














We decided that I would call the doctor that day and go in to get blood work done and verify once and for all that this was in fact true. I called the doctor and she called Chris at home to set up an appointment for me to come in after school on Friday, May 23rd.

Yesterday was a surreal day for me as I would forget sometimes that I was pregnant - and all the sudden the thought would cross my mind and I would just GRIN! At one point in the day when I was teaching it hit me that what was happening to us was so life changing. We are entering in to a whole new stage of life. So exciting!

I went in to the dr. after school and they had to stick me four times before they were able to finally pull enough blood to conduct the test.

I bought two more pregnancy tests and took another one when I got home. Again - a larger than life + sign.

Today I found myself apprehensive as I waited for that phone call. I wanted to be certain it was true before I began to let myself get too excited. Our nurse Cheryl called and left a message on my cell phone.

She told me that I am 4 to 5 weeks along (WOW-EVEN AS I WRITE THIS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!). She wished me the best of luck with the pregnancy and wished us her congratulations.

Chris and I find ourselves just looking at eachother smiling. We don't even know what to say or think sometimes!

What an incredible journey we are beginning. We just pray for health for this little one growing inside me. What will you look like? What will your personality be? What will we name you? What legacy will you live and leave? God bless you and protect you little one.