Saturday, August 22, 2009

Eatie Sweetie and GrayJ


Little Ethan.

My precious son.

Eldest son by 23 minutes.

You are, as my pet name for you states, a sweetie.
You are curious.
You are guarded.
You study people first and trust second. (I think you get that from your Daddy).
You can be shy.
You scare easily, and wave your little hands around when something is startling you.
You are patient. Even with a hungry tummy you wait patiently until that food hits your lips, just sucking on your thumb until it's time.
You squeal with excitement when your Daddy or I enter your room after a nap or in the morning.
You are a cuddler. You snuggle up with me and nuzzle your face in to my neck.
You give kisses. You growl while you do it and spit all over my face. I love burrowing my face in to yours.
You giggle and snort when I lift you up in to the air.
You love your brother so much. Your eyes light up with you see him.
You say my name. I don't think you know you're doing it yet, but it gets my heart just the same.
You lay on your tummy and thump one little leg on the floor while you play.
You love to make noises and then have me tap your mouth to muffle the sound.
You have a great sense of humor.
You are smart.
You can sit up unassisted for a long time. You still trust that someone will be sitting behind you to catch you, so I can't go too far yet.
You get up on your knees and rock and roll. You are starting to move those little legs, now we just need to get your arms to cooperate!

You weighed 22 lbs. 15 oz. today.

You are wearing 12-18 month clothes.

Your bald spot on the back of your head is growing in. A beautiful head of hair is growing in it's place.

You are now eight months old.

You have captured my heart precious boy. I could never tell you the depths of my love for you. I only hope and pray that my actions show you the intensity of it.

I love you.
Mommy



Grayson John.

My emergency c-section miracle.

I look at the scar on my body nearly every time I shower and I think of the miracle of your life.

I look at you now...a baby turning in to a little boy...and I am often overwhelmed.

How was I chosen to be your mother? How am I worthy of such perfect sons?

You are changing every day. You are blooming and forming before my eyes.

You are 23 pounds, 3 ounces.

You love to put blankets over your face and kick your legs and squeal. If we pull the blanket off you just put it right back on and do it again.

You love to stand up. When we try to help you sit you stand instead and look around with pride hoping that everyone is watching your big boy moves.

You, like Ethan, are up rocking on those knees. This Mama knows that life is going to get interesting when you two start zooming off in opposite directions!

You are not afraid of anybody.
Everyone is your friend.
You love to smile.
You also have a serious side though and love to watch people.
You stared the stewardess down on the airplane. No matter what she tried to do to make you smile, you just locked eyes with her and wouldn't crack one.
You are feisty.
You know what you want.
You know when you want it.
You don't like to wait. :)
You love food. You are an eating machine. Your mouth opens so wide when food is coming towards it.
Your eyes light up when you see food or your bottle.
You love music. Your legs start moving as soon as you hear any music.
You love when I sing. No matter what you are doing, if I start singing, you drop your toys and turn to look at me.
You make me feel good.
You love to wrestle with your Daddy.
You crawl all over him and cover him with your spit.
(He loves it).

I love you precious child. To the depths of me.

Mommy.



2 comments:

Mawmaw Hardesty said...

Precious words for two precious sons from their precious mommy...

Mom B said...

Beth, this was incredibly written!! What a treasure for your boys!!
Love mom
P.S. I love you just as much as you love your sons:)