It is amazing how incredibly different my life now is from my life in early December. The days of bed rest - laying in bed all day, taking naps, watching movies, reading books, eating lots of food
(okay, that's still the same!)... Now I rejoice when I am able to sit down on the couch for a few minutes or have the time to stuff something in my face before I'm off to tackle dirty dishes, laundry, diapers, crying babies, hungry tummies...
I wouldn't trade a minute of these past couple days with Ethan and Grayson. I LOVE having them both home where they belong. It has been so great to get to know them on our own, to see and touch them whenever we want to, to not watch monitors to see their oxygen levels every time we feed them a bottle, to plump down on a comfy couch in our house to snuggle with them, to lay in our bed and hear their grunts coming from the nursery. It has been amazing. I want to capture every single minute of it and just soak it all in.
This morning Chris and I were preparing their food for the day (I have been exclusively pumping and feeding them bottles as that was what they were used to in the NICU) and Chris said that before long all these bottles would be a distant memory. I'm getting teary just thinking about that! (Sappy mother!)
More pictures to come. I need to make time to just get the camera out and snap away before these days pass and I have nothing to document it all.
THANK you ALL for your excitement for us. I can't wait till the day you can all get your hands on them and snuggle them yourselves.
Mom and Dad - just two days until you get your turn! Can't wait! Uncle Schmood - just a little over a week for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Listen lady... why on earth are you doing dishes and laundry!?! Sit down when those babies are quiet. Remember what I said about the rush.... it does wear off eventually. Take it easy and let the dishes and laundry slide, I am sure you have family more than happy to help out.
I am so glad that you are enjoying the moments with the little ones. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES (and video if you have it) because they move from stage to stage lightning fast and those pictures and videos become like gold. I've learned to never put it away. It is always in the living room to get a quick shot.
Give the boys a big ole snuggle from me. Hey, if I do your laundry and dishes, can I get in there a few days earlier? (it was worth a shot anyway!)
Miss ya!
Cheryl
I'm with Cheryl. The dishes will still be there...but those boys won't! And be certain that your rest is extremely necessary as their sole form of nourishment! You CAN do it! Be encouraged that God has given you all you need to care for them!
Beth,
Tears came to my eyes while I was reading your last entry. You are so wise already in that you are enjoying the small, beautiful moments. I
remember bringing Nathan home from the hospital and thinking, "Gee, I am responsible for this little life, and I have never been a mother before, how am I going to do this." But God instills in us the ability to love and nurture our little ones.
I would laugh at people that said, enjoy them because they grow up so fast. Now I am that person testifying how fast they grow. I am so glad I read to my boys, talked to my boys, went on picnics in the back yard with my boys etc. I created memories for them and for me. I love when they say,
"Remember when we went on picnics in the backyard and we would blow bubbles and then you would read a book." Those days are gone, but the memories will last a lifetime.
Nuzzle the boys for me. I can't wait to meet them in person.
Blessings,
Phyllis
I am so thrilled that you are all home safe and sound together! I know every moment means so much and yet they do slip away so fast. You are so lucky to have documented everything so far. I wish I had because, just like the pain during labor....you tend to forget bits and pieces and pretty soon they will be 9 and you will have them in 4th grade.....!
It sounds like you will have plenty of help with your family on the way and I know you can hardly wait! Can't wait to see you and the boys! Take care of you all!
Oh Beth and Chris. By now (Thursday, Jan. 22, Kathy and John (Grandma and Grandpa Berres) are here from Minnesota and those boys have probably been hugged and kissed and hugged and kissed and held and loved so much already. It has been an absolute honor and privilege to be able to help out with the boys and do what I can for you and Chris. Your little family is a true blessing to Dad and me. Tell John and Kathy we send our love and to ENJOY!ENJOY!
Love, Mom H.
It's beautiful to see the joy and enthusiasm your little boys have generated, not just for you and Chris, but for your whole family. What a treasure!
Post a Comment