Ethan Douglas came home today! Yesterday Chris and I roomed in at the hospital and had him with us in our room for the night. He did so well and we were able to get six hours of sleep! Grayson needs a little more time to catch up to his brother - but we are hoping that in the next week or so he will also be coming home to stay. He is doing really well - so please don't think his extended stay means that he is sick - he is truly just a slobby eater and needs to work on pacing himself during his feedings and not trying to inhale it all at once! :)
I am so proud of these little guys and the incredible progress that they have made over the past four weeks. They are tough little guys and they were in amazing hands with the incredible nurses and doctors that they had. We are so thankful.
It just feels so amazing to be at this point. To think back to all that we have gone through to get these little guys here - and now to be carrying them into their home to begin our life together as a family. It is an amazing feeling.
Thank you for continued thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming forever and always!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
Wow, that's wonderful! Good for you, Ethan!!!
Beth, please don't feel like you need to apologize that Grayson is still in the hospital. You did an outstanding job of being a pregnant mama to those two little guys, involving lots of personal sacrifice on your part. And now they have been right where they needed to be to get the best care. I don't think anyone expected you to carry them to 40 weeks, or for them to zip their way home from the hospital overnight. They're amazing...you're amazing...no apologies needed. Know what I mean?
I REALLY hope that didn't come across wrong; and from one hormonal pregnant woman to a possibly hormonal new mom, let me just apologize in advance if it did. But I've sensed in some of your posts that you've felt bad that it's taken them this long to come home...or some kind of strange guilt...or something. I don't know. Maybe I'm totally off base here, but I simply want you to know that you have the utmost admiration and complete respect from all of us blog readers (not that I know them all, but I'll just speak for them, too). :)
Anyway, have a great night; and enjoy that sweet little bundle in your very own home tonight!!!
Awww that is so exciting! You guys are definitely in my prayers, but it's obvious that God is taking care of you!
HOORAY!! :) You best be knowing that there are have been lots of people praying for you four, excited for you four and ready to meet all four! :)
Love you girl!
Jolanthe
How amazing... and coming home so soon!!! Can you believe how much your heart is able to love!!! I am SO excited!
Welcome home Ethan!!!!!
I am so excited for you Beth! What an amazing time to see your little one in your very own home. It is surreal isn't it? To see them in what was your very ordinary home, where you lived a life without them.... and suddenly they are there? Enjoy it, breathe it in, cherish it..... you have earned it.
I can't wait for you to have them both home. I know you are living for that day and I know it will be soon. So close Beth! What a spectacular job the four of you have done in becoming this wonderful family!
Cheryl
Your story reminded me of the rush of emotions I felt the first time I left the hospital with my firstborn. I began to cry as they were wheeling me out of the hospital, and I realized that "they" were allowing me to take him home. I was overwhelmed, as I realized this was REAL. Enjoy every minute of it!
God Bless! Simply amazing how God works in our lives! He is So Good, all the time!
Ethan, we are all so happy to hear you're home... it won't be long until your brother and you are chattering away with each other in your own bedroom!
I am so thankful!!! Beth and Chris...God is so good to you. He has been so good to you and He will continue to be so good to you!! He has even been taking you step by step into this new parenthood role in life, making the way easier by stages! It will be so nice to wake up this morning and start a new day with one of your precious little bundles in the same house as you! Very shortly it will be two!!! Praise to our God for His blessing you over and above all that you would ask or even have imagined!
Love, Mom B
Ethan! Ethan!Ethan! Way to go little man! So glad he is home with you. What a joy! And I know G-man will be there before you know it!!! My heart is so full for you guys. I love this new family of 4!!!!!
Praying for you as you split your time with the boys, that God's peace, joy and strength remain abundant in your spirit!
Love ya, Betty.
Yeah, that's so exciting. Hey, take your time on the pics of the little guys, but can we have one of your huge beautiful smile? :) :) I have always thought that you have one of the best smiles ever and now I can only imagine!
SO happy to hear you have one down and one to go, so to speak! Can't wait to meet these little guys......eventually! Enjoy the time with just Ethan before the craziness begins. :-)
Love to all of you!
What a joy to be praying for you and yours! I imagine it must be so fun to freely walk around your own house as much as you like, and this time with Ethan in your arms. Very soon Grayson will be with you, too! I'm filled with joy for you. God is so, so , SOOO good!
Love you all.
Precious little Ethan! Home in his own little crib with his mommy and daddy and soon brother Grayson will be there as well.
It has been a journey of faith...for which you and Chris are not lacking. God is gracious and God is loving and God is there with each of you. We prayed for the angels to continue their vigil over the boys...not only now, but for always. We have prayed for little Kodiak as well...:)
Love to you all,
Mom H.
So happy for you! I know you are thrilled and will be even more so when Grayson comes home as well! If you need anything, as always, please ask. Can't wait to see you and the babies!
I am so happy for you and your little family. I know you and Chris must just be giddy. What a treat that Ethan is home. Grayson won't be long now. I am just so impressed with how you and Chris have handled all of this. You are AMAZING parents!!!!
continued Blessing on you and your family my little one. God has been so good to our family hasn't he? I too am so impressed with you and Chris and how you have handled everything.. I guess it really doesn't surprise me though! As I sit here thinking about the minus 30 it is out side today, I'm warmed by the love I have for my two new Grandsons. See you soon now
Love DAd
Post a Comment